Friday, January 6, 2012

A twist on falafel

Happy New Year!

It's January in Michigan and I wore shorts outside today.  While the weather is pleasant, it's somewhat disappointing as we haven't had substantial snow cover throughout the winter for a long time.  That said, I had a great and action-packed Friday:

I learned how to say "Happy New Year" in Arabic and was complemented with "Perfect" on first try, and ordered a falafel (fried chick peas and other good things rolled into a ball) sandwich from Amani's restaurant in East Dearborn (I also found out a few friends of mine are related or work for the restaurant too).

After a few bites, I realized adding cinnamon to the falafel prior to frying might be an interesting addition.  When I came home I sprinkled some cinnamon and the flavors work, but I'll have to ask if they'd be willing to add cinnamon during its preparation next time.

Later, I was encouraged to ask questions and hold the University accountable for its breakage card system and lab fees by the person who introduced it to the campus (he also encouraged me to "Give 'em the dickens!" before I left).

No comments:

Post a Comment