Thursday, June 2, 2011

Disaster Averted Quiche

The house has several pounds of spinach sitting in the fridge, and some good cheese.
Since we had some eggs, I started making a quiche sans the pie crust.

I put three slices of butter into a pan, then covered it with olive oil, cajun seasoning (it was a good move), four eggs, two cheeses (Kiernan--kin to cheddar--and "Cheese Food Singles"--apparently the creators of American Cheese Singles at Land-O-Lakes found it irresponsible to consider them as real cheese). I started to add some milk and tried to fluff the egg mix a bit.

I then realized I had never cooked a quiche before, and had very little idea as to how one should make a quiche.

Thank goodness for the internet!

After a brief google search and a glance at several recipes, I realized I was supposed to bake the ingredients in some kind of grain-based carbohydrate substance.

Disaster averted, I added some pinto beans into the egg mix and carried on with my pan heating.

At the same time, I created a cavity inside of a cheap baguette, did some creative things with bread slices to hold the egg mix, dumped in the goodness, and put it in a toaster-oven.

Success!

1 comment:

  1. No wonder the spinach in the fridge disappeared without a trace !

    ReplyDelete